What a great day it was yesterday when we celebrated the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. From talking to parents and staff who joined us the feedback has been incredibly positive. Many people have commented how lovely it was to have everyone together at school. It really was wonderful to see so many Horsmonden families together enjoying an afternoon of food and entertainment. The children enjoyed performing for you, as did the staff, and we are hopeful there will be many more family events to come in the future.
FoHPS Summer Fair
Thank you to all of you that brought in bottles, toys, hamper items, sweets, crockery and anything else you’ve donated to the Summer Fair. The FoHPS committee are busy making the final preparations for the day and are grateful for your donations.
All entries to the FoHPS poster competition were great, but the winning posters had that little something special that stood out from the rest. The results are below:
EYFS and KS1
- Winner: Adam in Year 2
- Runner Up: Billie B in Year 2
- Winner: Macey in Year 6
- Runner Up: Thomas in Year 3
Congratulations to the winners – enjoy your books and chocolate!
The bottle tombola is now well stocked with a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic bottles to be won. As you know each class was encouraged to bring in as many bottles as they could and after the average number of bottles per class was calculated, I am pleased to announce that Year 3 are the winners! All children in year 3 will receive a token to be used at the Summer Fair.
I am pleased to announce that Brigade are offering 10% off uniform orders placed on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th May. To take advantage of the offer please use the code FLASH22 when checking out. Please remember that the only items that have to be purchased from Brigade are the sweatshirt/sweat cardigan with logo, tie and PE T shirt with logo (jerzees t shirt). All other items can be purchased from high street shops or supermarkets.
Breakfast and After School Club
After half term the following changes will be made to the running of Breakfast and After School Club, as per my previous communication earlier on in the term:
|Changes after half term||Breakfast Club||After School Club|
|Arrangements||Drop off time from 7:45am
|Finish time of 5:30pm
|Price||£3.50 per session||£3.00 until 4:20pm
£6.50 until 5:30pm
Sessions should still be paid for on Parent Pay.
Curricular Clubs – Term 6
The following clubs will be available to book from Wednesday 8th June until Friday 10th June at 4pm. The price remains the same at £3.00 per session, but clubs should be paid for in blocks in advance and not per week. Clubs will start week beginning 13th June 2022.
Mondays (13th, 20th, 27th June, 4th, 11th & 18th July)
- Coding Club with Mr Alabi, KS2
- Rugby Club with Miss Jones, EYFS and KS1
- Choir with Miss McCulloch and Mrs Huby, All children
Tuesdays (14th,21st, 28th June, 5th, 12th & 19th July)
- Cricket Club with Mrs Sharp, KS2
- Tennis Club with Mrs Radford, KS2
Wednesdays (15th, 22nd, 259th June, 6th, 13th & 20th July)
- Athletics Club with Miss Card, KS2
- Mindfulness Colouring with Mrs Kerr/Mr Mitchell, All children
- Art Club with Mrs Bellingham (parent), KS1
Marvellous Males Afternoon – rescheduled date
I have had to reschedule the date for the Marvellous Males afternoon and I apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you. The reason is due to 2 class teachers being needed at a moderation meeting on the afternoon of the original date which is unavoidable and I was only made aware of this earlier this week.
The new date for the Marvellous Males afternoon will be Tuesday 21st June from 1:45pm onwards.
Children should be in school every day unless they are too ill, attendance is mandatory, as set out by the Department of Education. We have high expectations of behaviour, learning and attendance at Horsmonden and will use the full extent of our Attendance Policy to support this.
Parents should aim for 100% attendance for their children. When children are not in school regularly it not only affects their learning, but also their behaviour, routines and ability to make and retain friends. We often find that those children that have friendship issues are the same children who have poor attendance. There is also a direct correlation between attendance and attainment. Children have missed out on too much education over the last couple of years and I am asking for your support in ensuring your children are in school every day.
As always, if there is anything you wish to discuss, you can arrange a meeting with your child’s class teacher, send an email, or catch me at the gate. I am out there almost every day, along with Mr Alabi.
Have a lovely half term break and enjoy the Horsmonden Jubilee Celebrations next week, including the FoHPS Summer Fair.
2021-2022 Diary Dates
- Saturday 4th June – FoHPS Summer Fair
- Monday 6th June – Start of Term 6
- Monday 6th June – Bikeability Level 1 for Year 6
- Friday 10th June – Hotshotz tennis workshops
- Monday 13th – Friday 17th June – Year 6 Residential to Windmill Hill
- Monday 13th June – Year 3 trip to Wildlife Trust
- Tuesday 21st June (new date) – Marvellous Males Afternoon for Dads, Grandads, Uncles to celebrate Father’s Day, drop in from 1:45pm
- Friday 1st July – Leigh Academies Trust Kwik Cricket Tournament (selected children in Years 5 and 6)
- Monday 4th July – Year 6 trip to Kent Police Open Day
- Monday 11th July – Sports Day – EYFS and KS1 at 10:30am and KS2 at 1:15pm
- Thursday 14th July – FoHPS – Summer Disco
- Monday 18th July – Leigh Academies Trust Sports Day (selected Year 5 and Year 6 children)
- Tuesday 19th July – Music Assembly organised by Katie Slowgrove
- Wednesday 20th July – Year 6 Production to Year 6 parents – 5pm
- Friday 22nd July – Year 6 Leavers Assembly
- Friday 22nd July – End of Term 6