Ofsted have now concluded their inspection and I am eagerly awaiting their report. While here they had meetings with staff, children and governors, viewed lessons, scrutinised books and paperwork, as well as listened to the views of parents, staff and children.
I am pleased with the verbal feedback and would like to thank all the parents who completed the survey, the results were impressive! I am so happy that 91% of the parents that completed the Ofsted Parent View would recommend Horsmonden Primary Academy to another parent. I am also very happy to inform you that your children were all fantastic, and those spoken to by Inspectors were polite, happy and knowledgeable about the school.
I am now waiting for the final report to be written so I can share it with you and this usually takes around 4 weeks.
Please look out for your child’s parent consultation slip which will be sent home today confirming your appointment day and time. You will have the opportunity to discuss your child’s learning, progress and areas for development. You will also be able to look through their Maths, Skills and Inquiry books, and be informed as to whether your child is working towards, at or above the level of attainment expected for their age.
Clubs for Term 2
The clubs for next term have now been finalised and will start the second week back. Clubs cost £3.00 per session and must be paid for as a block, in advance through MCAS. Clubs will open for booking on MCAS at 8am on Tuesday 7th November and will close for bookings at 11am on Thursday 9th November. Please ensure you book your child onto their chosen club during this time to avoid disappointment.
For parent run clubs please contact Mr Bodle and Mrs O’Malley directly.
- Football Five Star: email@example.com / 07714 798268
- Mrs O’Malley’s art club (NB this link will go live at the same time as the school club bookings)
Mondays – 13th, 20th, 27th November & 4th December
- STEM Club with Miss Foord and Mrs Stockbridge – Years 1-6
- Forest School with Mrs Radford and Mrs Turvey – Years 1 & 2
Tuesdays – 14th, 21st, 28th November & 5th December
- KS2 Art Club with Mrs O’Malley (parent) – Years 3-6
- Netball Club with Mrs Sharp – Years 3-6
- Football Fivestar (starting 7th November) – EYFS, Years 1 & 2
- KS2 Girls Football Fivestar (starting 7th November) – Years 3-6
- Choir with Miss Fisk – Years 3-6
Wednesdays – 15th, 22nd, 29th November & 6th December
- KS2 Football Fivestar (starting 8th November) – Years 3-6
- KS1 Art Club with Mrs O’Malley (parent) – Years 1 & 2
Thursdays – 16th, 23rd, 30th November & 7th December
- Origami Club with Mrs Mcleish – Years 3-6
- Basketball Club with Miss Card – Years 3-6
- Gardening Club with Mrs Huby (Planning and preparation for Spring) – Years 3-6
- Story Explorers with Miss McCulloch – EYFS, Years 1 & 2
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to find me at the gate in the morning or afternoon, or alternatively, make an appointment via the school office.
Have a lovely half term and I look forward to seeing everyone on Monday 6th November.
2023-24 Diary Dates
Please note, revised/ new dates can be found in italics.
- Friday 20th October – End of Term 1
- Monday 6th November – Start of Term 2
- Wednesday 8th November – Open Morning, drop-in between 9:30am and 11:30am
- Wednesday 8th November – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Thursday 9th November – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Friday 10th November – Scary Hair Day in aid of Year 6 Legacy
- Friday 10th November – FOHPS Autumn Afternoon 3:20pm-4:50pm
- Monday 13th November – Remembrance Service on Horsmonden Green
- Wednesday 15th to Friday 17th November – Year 5 Residential to Carroty Wood
- Tuesday 21st November – Trust Swimming Gala for selected Year 5/Year 6 children
- Thursday 23rd November – Art Exhibition
- Thursday 7th December – Flu Vaccinations, Year R to Year 6
- Friday 8th December – Christmas Coffee Morning, drop-in between 8:45am and 10am
- Tuesday 12th December, 2pm – EYFS Nativity
- Thursday 14th December, 2pm & 5pm – KS1 Nativity (Year 1 and Year 2)
- Friday 15th December – End of Term 2
- Tuesday 2nd January – INSET Day for Staff
- Wednesday 3rd January – Start of Term 3 for children
- Friday 9th February, 9am – Year 4 Class Assembly
- Friday 9th February – End of Term 3 for children
- Monday 19th February – Start of Term 4
- Thursday 7th March – World Book Day, children are welcome to dress up as book characters
- Friday 8th March – Fabulous Females Afternoon, drop in between 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Monday 11th March – Class Photos
- Tuesday 26th March – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Wednesday 27th March – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Thursday 28th March – End of Term 4
- Monday 15th April – Start of Term 5 for children
- Monday 6th May – Bank Holiday, school closed
- Monday 13th May – Year 6 SATs week
- Friday 24th May – End of Term 5
- Monday 3rd June – Start of Term 6
- Monday 10th to Wednesday 12th June – Year 6 Bikeability
- Friday 14th June – Marvellous Males Afternoon, drop-in between 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- Monday 17th to Friday 21st June – Year 6 Residential to PGL Windmill Hill
- Wednesday 10th July – LAT Cricket Festival, selected KS2 children
- Thursday 11th July – FoHPS Summer Disco, 3:30pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday 17th July – Year 6 Production, 2pm and 5:30pm
- Friday 19th July, 2pm – Year 6 Leavers’ Assembly
- Friday 19th July – End of Term 6