Thank you to everyone who recycled their Christmas tree with us this year. The Forest School has had its winter makeover and is now complete with a new Christmas tree chipping floor! You might also notice our new canopy is up, providing the fire circle with shelter from the rain. Thank you to Teddy’s Grandma for donating this!
Congratulations to Mrs Huby and the Gardening Club for growing a range of fresh produce from seed over the last few months, including radishes, lettuce, broccoli, pak choi and lettuce. Due to their commitment and dedication, the first harvest of radish and lettuce has now taken place.
The annual Trust Parent Survey will be issued soon, giving parents the opportunity to share their thoughts about all aspects of Horsmonden Primary Academy. Completed surveys will be viewed by the Trust Executive Team, as well as me, to identify areas of strength and areas for development from the perspective of parents.
Attendance and Punctuality Reminder
Thank you to all parents who ensure their children are at school and on time every day. I am pleased to report that currently our whole school attendance for this academic year is 96.5% which is a 1.7% increase on this time last year.
As a guide, we begin formally monitoring individual attendance that falls below 95% and may take the following action: issue attendance letters, conduct home visits, conduct attendance meetings, request medical evidence or refer to the Local Authority. Our aim is for no child’s attendance to fall below 90%. This is due to the significant impact that poor attendance has on education and the sustainability of friendships. Using the MCAS app allows you to monitor your child’s attendance in real time meaning any attendance action we take, won’t come as a surprise.
The school day starts at 8:40am and finishes at 3:20pm. Children are registered every day by 8:50am. Anyone that arrives after 8:50am is registered as late. Numerous late marks can also lead to attendance action being taken, as above. This is due to the amount of learning time lost each day when children are late to school.
Breakfast and After School Club Bookings
Parents wishing to use Breakfast and After School Club should book sessions in advance (24 hours) to allow us to cater for the right numbers and to ensure the correct staff to child ratios. We understand that situations can arise and it may be necessary for your child to attend wraparound care at short notice but please contact the school office as soon as possible to ensure there is sufficient space and staffing. The number of children requiring last minute sessions has increased significantly in recent weeks.
Mrs O’Malley’s Art Club Booking for Term 4
Art Club will be running again next term on Tuesdays for KS2 and Wednesdays for KS1. Places should be booked in advance using this link which is managed by Gemma O’Malley, not by school. The link will open for bookings at 7pm on Wednesday 31st January.
Details of other clubs being run in Term 4 will be sent out next week.
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to find me at the gate in the morning or afternoon, or alternatively, make an appointment via the school office.
2023-24 Diary Dates
- Friday 2nd February – Year 6 Evacuee Day
- Tuesday 6th February – Safer Internet Day
- Friday 9th February – FoHPS Non-Uniform Day
- Friday 9th February, 9am – Year 4 Class Assembly
- Friday 9th February – End of Term 3 for children
- Monday 19th February – Start of Term 4
- Thursday 7th March – World Book Day, children are welcome to dress up as book characters
- Friday 8th March – Fabulous Females Afternoon, drop in between 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- Monday 11th March – Class Photos
- Tuesday 26th March – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Wednesday 27th March – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Thursday 28th March – End of Term 4
- Monday 15th April – Start of Term 5 for children
- Monday 6th May – Bank Holiday, school closed
- Monday 13th May – Year 6 SATs week
- Friday 24th May – End of Term 5
- Monday 3rd June – Start of Term 6
- Friday 14th June – Marvellous Males Afternoon, drop-in between 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- Monday 17th to Friday 21st June – Year 6 Residential to PGL Windmill Hill
- Wednesday 10th July – LAT Cricket Festival, selected KS2 children
- Thursday 11th July – FoHPS Summer Disco, 3:30pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday 17th July – Year 6 Production, 2pm and 5:30pm
- Friday 19th July, 2pm – Year 6 Leavers’ Assembly
- Friday 19th July – End of Term 6