Christmas has begun at Horsmonden Primary Academy!
Thank you to Ophelia’s grandparents for donating a tree from their Christmas Tree Farm in Yalding. It has been beautifully decorated by the children and is now standing proud in the School Hall.
All children are busy rehearsing for their Christmas performances and below you will find further details:
Christmas Present Fair and Santa’s Grotto (shhhh!) – Friday 8th December
This will be a very Christmassy day for the children and one to remember! Not only will they get to select Christmas presents for friends and family, they will also visit Santa’s Grotto and meet the big man himself! Children are welcome to come to school dressed in their Christmas jumpers or other Christmas party wear for a donation of £1. Please remember no high heels and to dress for the weather on the day.
Christmas Coffee Morning, with mince pies!
Our next Coffee Morning will be on Friday 8th December, 8:45am – 9:45am. I am warmly inviting parents to come in for an informal chat with me and Mrs McLeish. It will be an opportunity to ask questions, share ideas and discuss anything arising from the recent Ofsted report that you wish to discuss.
EYFS Nativity – Tuesday 12th December at 2pm
Parents, friends and family are welcome to attend up to a total of 4 seats per child in EYFS.
Christmas Lunch – Wednesday 13th December
The whole school Christmas lunch is a wonderful Christmas event where all children sit together at decorated tables and enjoy Christmas music playing, Christmas crackers and the staff waiting on them hand and foot! To ensure children are fully in the Christmas spirit, I am inviting all children and staff to wear their Christmas jumpers for the day. There is no cost for this and please ensure that children are wearing the rest of the uniform, as usual. The Christmas jumper should be worn in place of their usual school jumper.
KS2 Carol Service – Wednesday 13th December at 5pm
Tickets will be limited to 2 per child in KS2 due the space available in the hall. Children should come back ready to take part in the service no earlier than 4:50pm, dressed in school uniform complete with their tie.
KS1 Nativity – Thursday 14th December at 2pm and 5pm
Parents, family and friends are welcome to attend up to a total of 2 seats per child, per performance. For the evening performance, children should come back to school ready to change into their costumes at 4:30pm.
Christmas Wreath Making Workshop – Friday 15th December
Year 6 will be taking part in a Christmas wreath making workshop kindly led by Gemma O’Malley. Parents of children in Year 6 will receive a separate letter about this in due course.
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to find me at the gate in the morning or afternoon, or alternatively, make an appointment via the school office.
2023-2024 Diary Dates
- Thursday 7th December, 10am – Rocksteady Concert – invited parents only
- Thursday 7th December – Flu Vaccinations, YR- Y6
- Friday 8th December – Christmas Coffee Morning, drop in 8:45 am – 10am
- Friday 8th December – Christmas Present Fair and Santa’s Grotto
- Tuesday 12th December, 2pm – EYFS Nativity
- Wednesday 13th December, 9am – Music Assembly led by Katie Slowgrove – invited parents only
- Wednesday 13th December, 5pm – Christmas Lunch
- Wednesday 13th December, 5pm – KS2 Carol Service
- Thursday 14th December, 2pm & 5pm – KS1 Nativity (Year 1 and Year 2)
- Friday 15th December – Year 6 Christmas wreath-making workshop
- Friday 15th December – End of Term 2
- Tuesday 2nd January – INSET Day for Staff
- Wednesday 3rd January – Start of Term 3 for children
- Friday 9th February, 9am – Year 4 Class Assembly
- Friday 9th February – End of Term 3 for children
- Monday 19th February – Start of Term 4
- Thursday 7th March – World Book Day, children are welcome to dress up as book characters
- Friday 8th March – Fabulous Females Afternoon, drop in between 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Monday 11th March – Class Photos
- Tuesday 26th March – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Wednesday 27th March – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Thursday 28th March – End of Term 4
- Monday 15th April – Start of Term 5 for children
- Monday 6th May – Bank Holiday, school closed
- Monday 13th May – Year 6 SATs week
- Friday 24th May – End of Term 5
- Monday 3rd June – Start of Term 6
- Friday 14th June – Marvellous Males Afternoon, drop-in between 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- Monday 17th to Friday 21st June – Year 6 Residential to PGL Windmill Hill
- Wednesday 10th July – LAT Cricket Festival, selected KS2 children
- Thursday 11th July – FoHPS Summer Disco, 3:30pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday 17th July – Year 6 Production, 2pm and 5:30pm
- Friday 19th July, 2pm – Year 6 Leavers’ Assembly
- Friday 19th July – End of Term 6