Welcome back to Term 4 everyone!
I hope you all managed to stay safe in the storm over the weekend and all have power back now. Fortunately we fared well at school and escaped with very little disruption to the school site.
Below is a list of the clubs that will be running this term. You will see new clubs have been added (highlighted in green) and these will start the week beginning 7th March.
I’m sure you will recall that in the last 2 weeks before half term, school run clubs were cancelled due to the number of COVID cases in school. For any children that were booked in to attend Coding, Cricket, Netball or Choir during these 2 weeks, they can attend this week and next to make up for missing them. No new children will be able to join during this 2 week period.
We will then launch all clubs again towards the end of next week ready to start in week 3. All clubs will be priced at £3.00 per session and will run from 3:20pm until 4:20pm. To streamline the process we will be asking children to commit to the club for the remainder of the term and book a block of sessions in advance. More details will follow about this next week.
- Coding Club with Mr Alabi – KS2
- Mindfulness Colouring with Mrs Kerr – All Children
- Cricket Club with Mrs Sharp (Now Outdoors) – KS2
- Cooking Club with Mrs Turvey – KS2
- Netball Club with Mrs Maynard – KS2
- Choir with Miss McCulloch and Mrs Huby – All Children
- Art Club with Mrs Bellingham (Parent) – KS1
- Dance Club with Miss Jones and Miss Card – KS2
Premier Education continues to run football clubs on Thursdays and Fridays. More information and details on how to book can be found here.
Year 3 Cake Sale
As part of last term’s inquiry on human actions and their impact on the world, Year 3 learnt about deforestation and the catastrophic impact it has on our world. As part of this, children have decided to raise money for Greenpeace to support them in protecting the rainforests. To do this, Year 3 will be holding a cake sale on Friday after school outside the main entrance. All proceeds will go to their chosen charity – Greenpeace.
Further to the diary dates already shared with you, I am writing to confirm that the FoHPS ‘Valentine’s Disco’ has been rescheduled once more for Wednesday 23rd March, 3:20pm-5:00pm. There will be no clubs on this day apart from After School Club.
‘Fabulous Females’ Afternoon
On Monday 28th March from 1:45pm your child will be able to invite a ‘Fabulous Female’ (close female relative or friend) into school to share their learning for the afternoon. The event will be similar to the Parent Partnership Afternoon in term 2. ‘Fabulous Females’ can arrive anytime between 1:45pm and 3:00pm and drop in and out of classes to see multiple children within the family.
World Book Day
We will be celebrating World Book Day on Thursday 3rd March and children are welcome to dress up for the day as a book character if they wish. As always, I am sure that World Book Day will be a great fun filled day for those that wish to take part.
I would like to draw your attention to our Attendance Policy. As mentioned previously, attendance in school is mandatory, as set out by the Department for Education, and absence from school is only authorised in the case of illness or extreme exceptional circumstances. Leave of absence for holidays will not be authorised and can result in a Penalty Notice being requested from the Local Authority. Please also note that Penalty Notices can also be requested when unauthorised absence reaches 5 school days or more for any reason other than illness. Children have missed out on so much education over the last two years so it is more important than ever to ensure they are in school as much as possible.
As always, if there is anything you wish to discuss, you can arrange a meeting with your child’s class teacher, send an email, or catch me at the gate. I am out there mostly every day, along with Mr Alabi.
2021-22 Diary Dates
- Monday 21st February – Start of Term 4
- Thursday 3rd March – World Book Day (Children can come dressed up as book characters if they wish to)
- Monday 14th March – Class Photos (Profiles Photography)
- Friday 18th March – Red Nose Day (Children can come dressed in red for a donation of £1 on ParentPay)
- Wednesday 23rd March – FoHPS Rescheduled Valentine’s Disco
- Monday 28th March, 1:45pm – Open Afternoon for Mums/Nans/Aunts to celebrate Mother’s Day
- Tuesday 29th March – Parent Consultations (3:30pm – 5:30pm)
- Wednesday 30th March – Parent Consultations (3:30pm – 5:30pm)
- Thursday 31st March – FoHPS Easter Egg Hunt
- Friday 1st April – End of Term 4
- Tuesday 19th April – Start of Term 5
- Friday 27th May – End of Term 5
- Monday 6th June – Start of Term 6
- Monday 13th to Friday 17th June – Year 6 Residential to Windmill Hill
- Thursday 14th July – FoHPS Summer Disco
- Friday 22nd July – End of Term 6