You may have been made aware by school or a professional of a service called Kooth. Kooth is designed to support the wellbeing and resilience of young people and is available for 10-16 year olds in Kent.
Kooth is running free online parent information sessions in March, April & May. The sessions are designed to help you understand how Kooth can support your child with their mental health and wellbeing. Each session will cover:
- A Presentation on Kooth
- A Live tour of the Kooth site
- An opportunity for Questions & Answers about Kooth
Please click on the registration link for the date/time you’d like to attend:
Thursday 11 March, 7pm – 8pm
Tuesday 10 April, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Wednesday 19 May, 7pm – 8pm
Kooth provides a safe, secure means of accessing help via the internet. By accessing Kooth, young people can benefit from:
- A free, confidential, anonymous and safe way to receive support online.
- Out of hours’ availability. Counsellors are available from 12 noon to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10 pm at weekends, every day of the year on a drop in basis.
- Online Counselling from a professional team of BACP qualified counsellors is available via 1-1 chat sessions or messaging on a drop in basis or via booked sessions.
- Discussion Boards which are all pre-moderated allow young people to access peer to peer support.
- Online Magazine full of moderated articles many of which are submitted by young people offering advice and guidance on a huge range of topics.
- No referral is required. Young people can register for kooth independently at www.kooth.com
If you have any questions or would like to discuss what Kooth.com can offer, please address them to the school/[professional. If you would prefer to contact Kooth directly, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karen Dawber – Kooth Engagement Lead