Thank you to everyone who attended parent consultations this week. I hope you found the meetings informative and enjoyed looking at your child’s work. The Year 6 children who volunteered for the evenings did their best to keep everyone to time and particularly enjoyed making tea and coffee! Some of them enjoyed helping in the evenings so much that they didn’t want to leave! It’s great to see Year 6 taking their responsibilities seriously and stepping up as excellent role models for the younger children.
On Monday 13th November at 11am, we will be holding our Remembrance Service, led by Phil Staddon, at the War Memorial on the Village Green. The whole school will walk to the service and parents are welcome to join us. If you are able to help walk the children from school to the Village Green and back, please let your child’s class teacher know.
Children in Need
On Friday 17th November and in aid of Children in Need, children are invited to wear their own clothes with something spotty if they have it. The suggested donation for this is £1 which will be collected in buckets on the way into school.
On Thursday 23rd November I am delighted to announce we will be hosting our first art exhibition. Selected pieces of children’s artwork will be framed and displayed in the hall for children, staff and parents to view and appreciate. Parents are invited to view their child’s artwork in the hall between 3:30pm-5pm, where it will be framed and beautifully displayed. There will be the opportunity to purchase your child’s piece for £10 if you wish. Money raised from the sale will go towards purchasing more art supplies for the school.
KS2 Carol Service – Wednesday 13th December
I’m pleased to announce the KS2 Carol Service will take place on Wednesday 13th December at 5pm in the School Hall.
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to find me at the gate in the morning or afternoon, or alternatively, make an appointment via the school office.
2023-24 Diary Dates
Please note, revised/ new dates can be found in italics.
- Monday 13th November – Remembrance Service on Horsmonden Green
- Wednesday 15th to Friday 17th November – Year 5 Residential to Carroty Wood
- Friday 17th November – Children in Need
- Tuesday 21st November – Trust Swimming Gala for selected Year 5/Year 6 children
- Thursday 23rd November, 3:30-5pm – Art Exhibition
- Thursday 7th December – Flu Vaccinations, Year R to Year 6
- Friday 8th December – Christmas Coffee Morning, drop-in between 8:45am and 10am
- Tuesday 12th December, 2pm – EYFS Nativity
- Wednesday 13th December, 5pm – KS2 Carol Service
- Thursday 14th December, 2pm & 5pm – KS1 Nativity (Year 1 and Year 2)
- Friday 15th December – End of Term 2
- Tuesday 2nd January – INSET Day for Staff
- Wednesday 3rd January – Start of Term 3 for children
- Friday 9th February, 9am – Year 4 Class Assembly
- Friday 9th February – End of Term 3 for children
- Monday 19th February – Start of Term 4
- Thursday 7th March – World Book Day, children are welcome to dress up as book characters
- Friday 8th March – Fabulous Females Afternoon, drop in between 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Monday 11th March – Class Photos
- Tuesday 26th March – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Wednesday 27th March – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Thursday 28th March – End of Term 4
- Monday 15th April – Start of Term 5 for children
- Monday 6th May – Bank Holiday, school closed
- Monday 13th May – Year 6 SATs week
- Friday 24th May – End of Term 5
- Monday 3rd June – Start of Term 6
- Monday 10th to Wednesday 12th June – Year 6 Bikeability
- Friday 14th June – Marvellous Males Afternoon, drop-in between 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- Monday 17th to Friday 21st June – Year 6 Residential to PGL Windmill Hill
- Wednesday 10th July – LAT Cricket Festival, selected KS2 children
- Thursday 11th July – FoHPS Summer Disco, 3:30pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday 17th July – Year 6 Production, 2pm and 5:30pm
- Friday 19th July, 2pm – Year 6 Leavers’ Assembly
- Friday 19th July – End of Term 6