Thank you to everyone who has filled in the Parent Survey which went live last week. There is still time to complete it using this link, by the end of tomorrow.
Year 5 and 6 Classrooms
I am delighted to share that the Trust is investing further in the improvement of our building and over half term the Year 5 and 6 Classrooms will be transformed. Both classrooms will benefit from the addition of a new suspended ceiling, LED lights, redecoration and new sink areas. The new ceiling will not only improve the acoustics in these rooms, but also the room temperature by keeping more heat in during the winter and the heat out in the summer.
World Book Day – Thursday 7th March 2024
As always, children and staff are welcome to come to school dressed as book characters and the day will feature book related activities for all children. It is always a fun day, and this year, the FoHPS team is on hand to really make it a day to remember!
Starting on Tuesday 20th February, parents can pre order ‘Chocolicious Prize Bars’ to be given out on World Book Day, some containing prizes ranging from punch balloons to a preloved laptop! Click here for more information.
On Thursday 22nd February, there will be a ‘Costume Swap Shop’. Parents can donate unwanted costumes at drop off (from 8:40am) and collect a new one at pick up (from 3:20pm). Click here for more information.
Between Monday 4th March to Wednesday 6th March, parents can donate books for a book sale at the end of the day on World Book Day. Please click here for more information.
With half term approaching, you might be thinking of refreshing your child’s uniform. Please see below as a reminder of the expectations.
Brigade is our branded uniform supplier and the items that can only be purchased from Brigade are: sweatshirt/sweat cardigan with logo, tie and PE t-shirt. There are lots of optional extras listed on the website, but these are not compulsory.
Parents can buy all other uniform items from any high street shop or supermarket. This is to ensure the uniform is affordable for all.
- School sweatshirt with school logo
- Grey trousers or shorts
- White shirt with a collar
- School tie
- Grey socks
- Black shoes (no trainers)
- School sweat cardigan or sweatshirt with logo
- Grey skirt, pinafore, shorts, trousers
- White shirt with a collar
- School tie
- Grey or white socks or grey tights (no leggings)
- Black shoes
- Navy gingham summer dress
- School PE t-shirt with school logo
- Navy blue shorts
- Black plimsolls or trainers
- School PE sweatshirt (optional)
- Navy blue jogging bottoms (optional)
- PE bag
Please note that sports socks and trainers are not permitted, boys should wear grey socks and black shoes.
Teaching Assistant Vacancy
I am busy recruiting the next member of our Horsmonden family. If you’re looking for some part time work, or know someone who is, please take a look at our advert here. The post is for 2 days a week, 8:30am – 3:30pm, Thursdays and Fridays.
As always, if you have anything you wish to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact me or Mrs Mcleish. We are outside by the gate most mornings and afternoons.
2023-24 Diary Dates
- Friday 9th February, 9am – Year 4 Class Assembly
- Friday 9th February – Own Clothes Day (£1 payable to FoHPS on MCAS)
- Friday 9th February – End of Term 3 for children
- Monday 19th February – Start of Term 4
- Tuesday 20th February – Preordering opens on MCAS for Chocolicious Prize Bars
- Thursday 22nd February – Costume Swap Shop
- Thursday 27th February – Florence Nightingale Workshop for Year 1
- Thursday 27th February – Egyptian Workshop for Year 3
- Monday 4th to Wednesday 6th March – Book donations to the office
- Thursday 7th March – World Book Day, children are welcome to dress up as book characters (but it is not compulsory)
- Friday 8th March – Fabulous Females Afternoon, drop in between 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- Monday 11th March – Class Photos
- Tuesday 26th March – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Wednesday 27th March – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Thursday 28th March – FoHPS Easter Egg Hunt
- Thursday 28th March – End of Term 4
- Monday 15th April – Start of Term 5 for children
- Monday 6th May – Bank Holiday, school closed
- Monday 13th May – Year 6 SATs week
- Friday 24th May – End of Term 5
- Monday 3rd June – Start of Term 6
- Friday 14th June – Marvellous Males Afternoon, drop-in between 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- Monday 17th to Friday 21st June – Year 6 Residential to PGL Windmill Hill
- Wednesday 10th July – LAT Cricket Festival, selected KS2 children
- Thursday 11th July – FoHPS Summer Disco, 3:30pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday 17th July – Year 6 Production, 2pm and 5:30pm
- Friday 19th July, 2pm – Year 6 Leavers’ Assembly
- Friday 19th July – End of Term 6