What a week it has been for our youngest children who have now completed their first full week of school!
They’ve had some ups and downs, but have been very well supported by Miss Foord, Mrs Sellings and the wider school team to ensure they’ve had lots more ups than downs.
I am impressed with how quickly the children settle after saying goodbye. Within a couple of minutes of parents leaving, the whole class is calm and ready for the day ahead.
Thank you to all our new EYFS parents for staying strong this week and putting your trust in us.
Clothes Recycling Bin
FoHPS (PTA) have arranged the installation of a clothes recycling bin, which is now available to use and is located in the car park, near the shed and the school bins. It can be used to recycle non branded clothes, paired shoes, bed linen (no duvets or pillow cases), bags, towels, soft toys and good quality sleeping bags. All items should be put in a bag before putting into the recycling bin. Please see the flyer for more information.
Gym Equipment Update
The installation of the mulch, soft play flooring for the gym equipment has been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances.
FoHPS (PTA), specifically Kerry and Gemma, are liaising with the contractor to arrange a new date. We are hopeful this will be in the next week or so, but it does mean that children won’t be able to use it until it is complete.
With the extraordinary weather this week, uniform expectations have been relaxed to ensure children are kept as cool as possible. From Monday next week, all children should return to wearing full school uniform. Please note that polo shirts and trainers are not permitted. White shirts should have a stiff collar and be worn with a school tie. Please see the link to our website for more details.
Girls Football Club with Jim, Football Five Star
I am calling all girls who have been inspired by the recent Lionesses performance in the Women’s World Cup – there are still places available at Jim’s Girls Football Club. This is a new club and dedicated to girls who want to learn football skills and match play. For more details, please see Jim’s flyer. Please note that KS2 Football Club is full and there are only a few places left for EYFS/KS1.
At Horsmonden, we have high expectations of behaviour, learning and attendance. Children should be in school every day unless they are too ill to attend. Requests for absence during term time cannot not be authorised and may result in a Penalty Notice being issued by KCC.
We will be resuming our termly 100% attendance and punctuality certificates this year and I look forward to issuing the first round of certificates at the end of this term.
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to find me at the gate in the morning or afternoon, or alternatively, make an appointment via the school office.
Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the last of the weather.
Kind regards, Hayley Sharp
Please see below for diary dates – new/revised dates in bold
2023-24 Diary Dates
- Friday 1st September – Start of Term 1 for all children
- Thursday 7th September – Kent Test for registered Year 6 children
- Thursday 7th September, 3:30pm – Year 5 Residential Information Meeting
- Monday 11th September – Clubs start this week
- Monday 11th September – Individual School Photos
- Tuesday 12th September, 3:30pm – Year 6 Residential Information Evening
- Friday 15th September – Parent Coffee Morning, drop-in between 8:45 and 10am
- Friday 22nd September, 2:15pm – Parent Partnership Afternoon
- Monday 2nd October – Innovation Week, more details to follow
- Wednesday 4th October – Wonder Dome, Mobile Planetarium
- Thursday 12th October – FoHPS Movie Night 1
- Tuesday 17th October – Open Morning, drop-in between 9:30am and 11:30am
- Thursday 19th October – FoHPS Movie Night 2
- Friday 20th October, 9am – Year 5 Class Assembly
- Friday 20th October – End of Term 1
- Monday 6th November – Start of Term 2
- Wednesday 8th November – Open Morning, drop in between 9:30am-11:30am
- Wednesday 8th November – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Thursday 9th November – Open Morning, drop-in between 9:30am and 11:30am
- Thursday 9th November – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Wednesday 15th to Friday 17th November – Year 5 Residential to Carroty Wood
- Tuesday 21st November – Trust Swimming Gala for selected Year 5/Year 6 children
- Thursday 23rd November – Art Exhibition
- Thursday 7th December – Flu Vaccinations, Year R to Year 6
- Friday 8th December – Christmas Coffee Morning, drop-in between 8:45am and 10am
- Tuesday 12th December, 2pm – EYFS Nativity
- Thursday 14th December, 2pm & 5pm – KS1 Nativity (Year 1 and Year 2)
- Friday 15th December – End of Term 2
- Tuesday 2nd January – INSET Day for Staff
- Wednesday 3rd January – Start of Term 3 for children
- Friday 9th February, 9am – Year 4 Class Assembly
- Friday 9th February – End of Term 3 for children
- Monday 19th February – Start of Term 4
- Thursday 7th March – World Book Day, children are welcome to dress up as book characters
- Friday 8th March – Fabulous Females Afternoon, drop in between 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Monday 11th March – Class Photos
- Tuesday 26th March – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Wednesday 27th March – Parent Consultation Meetings, 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Thursday 28th March – End of Term 4
- Monday 15th April – Start of Term 5 for children
- Monday 6th May – Bank Holiday, school closed
- Monday 13th May – Year 6 SATs week
- Friday 24th May – End of Term 5
- Monday 3rd June – Start of Term 6
- Monday 10th to Wednesday 12th June – Year 6 Bikeability
- Friday 14th June – Marvellous Males Afternoon, drop-in between 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- Monday 17th to Friday 21st June – Year 6 Residential to PGL Windmill Hill
- Wednesday 10th July – LAT Cricket Festival, selected KS2 children
- Thursday 11th July – FoHPS Summer Disco, 3:30pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday 17th July – Year 6 Production, 2pm and 5:30pm
- Friday 19th July, 2pm – Year 6 Leavers’ Assembly
- Friday 19th July – End of Term 6